Day 49 - 11/24/23 - At sea to Salvador da Bahia, Brazil

 Today on this needed sea day it was a time to rest up after a very busy two days in Rio and then our long walk in Búzios.  After our morning interdenominational Bible study and breakfast, we checked into our muster station for the 3rd and last time on this voyage.  This check in met the international safety requirements.  I was able also to take some pictures of the Black Boobie birds as they searched for flying fish that were disturbed by our bow wake. 











At 11am Bosco from Oi Brasil gave a World Stage presentation on Salvador which he described as the most African of all Braliian cities.  We have an excursion there tomorrow and I'm looking forward to seeing if I can spot some of the things he was talking about.  


Just before lunch some folks on my excursions asked me what pills I was taking to have the energy level I seem to be showing.  I assured them that I'm not on any such medications, but I do admit that I can be a bit energetic and adventuresome each day.  Cruising for me is like being a kid in a candy or toy store.  There's so much to see and touch and taste.  I really just want to take it all in, an as long as our health permits it, we'll continue to travel and take it all in.  In the LIDO at noon, there was a very pretty selection of cakes to choose from, but I passed on them because of the sugar content.


In the afternoon Richard Watson presented on the topic of a History of Discovering Brazil.  It was really good and covered about 400 years of Brazilian discovery activities. 

A Brazilian sunset

Tonight's entertainment was the singers and dancers performing their show, Boogie Wonderland.  It's a super high energy show and we liked it so much that we came back for the second showing.


I should add that throughout the day there are multiple Oi Brasil activities such as learning Portuguese, dancing various types of Brazilian dances, arts and crafts, and more.  The beauty of cruising is that one can do as much or as little as one likes to do.


Tomorrow we are in Salvador which is the most African port in Brazil.  We're looking forward to an excursion there.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 01 - 10/07/23 - Embarkation Day - Ft. Lauderdale

Day 05 - 10/11/23 - Puerto Límon, Costa Rica

Day 07 - 10/13/23 - At sea to Manta, Ecuador